Wishing you a great 4th
Dear Corvette Mike Enthusiast,
Independence Day is almost upon us. This is a day for all Americans to remember our past and celebrate all that this country has accomplished.
We at Corvette Mike want to wish you a great 4th and hope you enjoy the fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions and various other public and private events put on to celebrate the history and traditions of the United States.
Interesting early Independence Day facts:
* In 1777, thirteen gunshots were fired, once at morning and again as evening fell, on July 4th in Bristol, Rhode Island. Philadelphia celebrated the first anniversary in a manner a modern American would find quite familiar: an official dinner for the Continental Congress, toasts, 13-gun salutes, speeches, prayers, music, parades, troop reviews, and fireworks. Ships were decked with red, white, and blue bunting.
* In 1778, General George Washington marked July 4th with a double ration of rum for his soldiers and an artillery salute. Across the Atlantic Ocean, Ambassadors John Adams and Benjamin Franklin held a dinner for their fellow Americans in Paris, France.
* In 1779, July 4th fell on a Sunday and the holiday was celebrated on Monday, July 5.
* In 1781, the Massachusetts General Court became the first state legislature to recognize July 4th as a state celebration.
* In 1791 the first recorded use of the name “Independence Day” occurred.
* In 1820 the first Fourth of July celebration was held in Eastport, Maine which remains the largest in the state.
* In 1870, the U.S. Congress made Independence Day an unpaid holiday for federal employees.
* 68 years later, in 1938, Congress changed Independence Day to a paid federal holiday.
In celebration our nation’s independence, we at Corvette Mike will be closed Monday July 4th.
* 1955 roadster Gypsy Red w/Beige interior, 265/195hp V8 and automatic transmission
* 1956 Convertible Venetian Red w/Red interior, 265/225hp, dual quad, correct 3-speed
* 1964 Convertible Saddle Tan w/Saddle interior, 327/300hp, 4-speed
* 1978 Indy Pace Car Coupe Black/Silver w/Silver interior, 350/185hp, automatic. Only 220 miles!!
* 1996 LT-4 Collector Edition Sebring Silver w/Black interior, LT-4 350/400+hp, 6-speed
* 2002 Convertible Torch Red w/Black interior, 350/350hp, automatic transaxle, 1SB
* 2003 Coupe Torch Red w/Black interior, 350/350hp, automatic, 1SB
* 2004 Commemorative Ed Z06 LeMans Blue w/Black interior, 350/405hp, 6-speed
* 2010 Grand Sport Coupe Black w/Ebony interior, 6.2 liter/436hp dry sump, 6-speed manual 2LT
Drop by, call or visit our website (www.CorvetteMike.com) for more information.
The team at Corvette Mike
1133 N. Tustin Ave, Anaheim CA 92807