2018 Chevrolet Corvette Order Guide
- April 14, 2017
- Automotive News, Corvette for Sale
- Posted by Laura Nowak
- Comments Off on 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Order Guide
Chevrolet’s official Corvette Order Guide for the 2018 model year has hit the web early and we got a good look at what’s coming our way. There is a new exterior color and it’s called Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic. It’s the exterior color for the rumored Special Edition that we now know is called the ‘Carbon 65’ Package. You’ll be able to order the Carbon 65 Package for 2018 Grand Sport and Z06 in both coupe and convertible configurations!
Click here to download the 2018 Corvette Order Guide.
All six previous models are returning as expected and there was no mention of the 2018 Corvette ZR1. The Design Packages from last year have also been retired, although some of the options are now orderable outside the Design Package constraints.
A review of the Order Guide does show a couple of surprises including new data points for the PDR. A “Rear Vision Camera” is listed and appears to be an upgrade to the previous reverse camera. The Jet Black Interior is now available on 3LT/3LZ trim groups and includes a new steering wheel and carbon trim panels. Each 2018 model (Stingray, Grand Sport and Z06) all appear to have a new aluminum wheel option.The J57 Carbon Ceramic brakes are will be available as a stand-alone option for Grand Sports without Z07 Performance Package.
As mentioned above, Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic will join the Corvette exterior pallet of colors and it replaces Sterling Blue which retired earlier this year.
The name ‘Carbon 65’ refers to 2018 being the 65th anniversary year for the Chevrolet Corvette. And the ‘Carbon’ refers to carbon fiber. As in a lot of Carbon Fiber. The Carbon 65 Edition gets the visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package, exposed Carbon Fiber weave hood insert, visible Carbon Fiber roof panel (for coupes). Special black painted machine-groove wheels with Carbon Fiber wheel center caps with cross flags logo are part of the package.
The Carbon 65 Special Edition will feature the new Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic exterior with the 3LT/3LZ Jet Black interior and Blue stitching. Convertibles will have a blue convertible top and the brake calipers are blue as well. There are special door and fender graphics listed as part of the package. All in all, sounds like an interesting new special edition.
One notable deletion for 2018 that we’ve seen is the Engine Build Program. We hope that unique program continues again in the future once we get past all this new construction and plant upgrades.
Here the complete list (so far) of Additions and Deletions for the 2018 model year Corvette:
- (GGB) Sterling Blue Metallic exterior color
- (12*) Dark Gray Z06 interior
- (205) Twilight Blue interior
- 18″ front/19″ rear Stingray wheels (QG6/QX1/RPK/QX3) and (XBK) 18″ front/19″ rear Stingray tires
- (ZLD/ZLE/ZLG) Design Packages (198 Jet Black sueded and 755 Spice Red interiors still available)
- (Z25) Grand Sport Collector Edition
- LPO wheels: 5YU/5YV/5YZ/5Z2/5YX/5YW/5Z8 (all still ACO)
- (PBC) Customer Engine Build Program
- (PD5) Buyers Tour with engine build experience
- (G9F) Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic exterior color
- (Z30) Carbon 65 Edition for 3LT Grand Sport and 3LZ Z06
- (RNP) Z51-style 5-split spoke, Black-painted with Yellow stripe aluminum, 19″ x 8.5″ front and 20″ x 10″ rear wheels
- (RNM) Torque directional Silver-painted aluminum, 19″ x 8.5″ front and 20″ x 10″ rear wheels
- (R2Q) Torque directional chrome aluminum, 19″ x 8.5″ front and 20″ x 10″ rear wheels
- (RNN) Motorsports Black-painted aluminum, 19″ x 8.5″ front and 20″ x 10″ rear wheels
- (Q9C) Z06 Black-painted aluminum with Yellow Stripe, 19″ x 10″ front and 20″ x 12″ rear wheels
- (37S) Blue custom leather stitch
- HD radio
- 2LT interior adds color instrument panel brow (now common with 2LZ)
- (141/143/144/145/146) Gray interior now available on Z06
- (755) Spice Red interior is now available on 3LT/3LZ
- (198) Jet Black sueded interior is now available for 3LT/3LZ and includes (FCC) high-gloss carbon fiber, instrument panel and (N2Z) carbon fiber and sueded microfiber-wrapped rim, flat-bottom steering wheel
- (80T) Spice Red convertible top now available
- (196) Jet Black sueded interior not available with color stitch options, now use (198) Jet Black sueded interior
- (36S) Yellow/(37S) Blue/(38S) Red custom leather stitch now requires (195) Jet Black interior and (FAY) carbon fiber instrument panel trim; or (198) Jet Black sueded interior
- (UQT) Performance data and video recorder updates include additional toolbox data available: All 4 individual wheel speeds, All 4 suspension displacements, Yaw rate, Intake air temperature, Ambient air temperature
- (Q7S) Z51-style 5-split spoke, Silver-painted aluminum, 19″ front/20″ rear and (XFJ) P245/35ZR19 front/P285/30ZR20 rear, performance, summer-only tires now standard on Stingray
- (R86) Motorsports polished aluminum wheels are now available for all Stingray models
- (Q8U) Z06 10-spoke blade Pearl Nickel-painted aluminum wheels are now available for all Z06 models
- Standard Rear Vision Camera now has a wide view
- (DUR) Grand Sport Satin Black Center Stripe Package now available with (Z15) Grand Sport Heritage Package
- (FE2) Magnetic Ride Control no longer includes spoiler or wheel change
- (J57) Ceramic disc brakes now available on Grand Sport without (Z07) Z07 Performance Package
I’m sure well pick up a few more things here and there and of course, the National Corvette Museum’s Bash event at the end of the month is where we will hopefully be able to check out these new options.
Source Corvette Blogger by Keith Cornett