Thundering Thursday – $25,969,800.00 and Counting
2015 is in the record books and 2016 is off to a lively start with Corvettes remaining a favorite of the muscle car crowd. In the most recent auctions kicking off 2016, Corvettes are seeing strong sell through numbers and prices.
Mecum in Kissimmee started off the 2016 auction season and had a 70% sell through rate with 170 of the 246 Corvettes listed selling for a total of $10,302,500.
At the Scottsdale car auctions last week 141 Corvettes were sold for a total of $15,667,300. Here are some of the details:
- Barrett-Jackson – $14,399,550 (128 of the 131 Corvettes listed sold)
- RM Sotheby’s – $198,000 (only 2 Corvettes)
- Gooding & Company – $755,150 (only 7 Corvettes)
- Bonhams – $314,600 (only 4 Corvettes)
- Russo and Steele – $ ? (41 Corvettes were listed but results are not posted as of this time)
These two auctions bring the total Corvette sales, at Kissimmee and Scottsdale, to 311 Corvettes and a whopping $25,969,800 and this does not even count what was sold at Russo and Steele, as they have not listed their sales yet.
Some of the stand out sales included:
- A 1963 Corvette Z06 Tanker sold for $710,000 at Mecum
- A 1955 Corvette “Serial One” sold for $605,000 at Barrett Jackson
- A 1956 Corvette “Serial One” sold for $605,000 at Barrett Jackson
- A 1957 Corvette “Serial One” sold for $605,000 at Barrett Jackson
- A 1969 Corvette L88 Convertible sold for $577,500 at Barrett Jackson
- A 1953 Corvette #300 sold for $533,500 at Barrett Jackson
A Rare Lifetime Opportunity to acquire the most famous and collectible 1963 Corvette Z06 Tanker ever street driven.
An incredible owner history and undisputed origin; proven by David Burrough’s own; “Prove It” 3 Large binders of docs, photos, receipts, the famous Credit Card, historians Eric Gill, Franz Estereicher and more….
From a Prominent Collector offering it for the first time. Do not miss this opportunity. TRADES CONSIDERED!
Click here to view the complete story of the man and his cars.