Mille Miglia Red w/Red interior, 350/330hp, LT-1, 4-speed manual transmission.
1971 Mille Miglia Red Corvette LT-1 Convertible. Of the 1,949 total LT-1’s built-in ’71, less than 1/3 were Convertibles. This all-original, un-hit example is still titled to the original owner and is heavily documented. Features an original chassis, drivetrain (smog pump is in a box and comes with), paint, interior, and soft top. Excellent “time capsule” Corvette! LT-1 Convertibles are rare, for sure. But, untouched, original examples that are great drivers are seldom, if ever seen! Add in the color combo of Red/Red and you’ve got a highly desirable “time capsule”.
Comes with an extensive inspection report by a renowned C3 Corvette expert verifying the correctness and originality of the car. See below . . .
1971 Corvette Inspection and Verification Report
l = Chevrolet
9 = Series for Corvette
4 = V8 Engine
67 = Convertible
I = Model Year
S = St. Louis Assembly Plant 1 = Start of Production
1 = Production Sequence
2 = I I,792nd Corvette off the assembly Iine for 1971 production.
Build Date – H09 = March 9, 1971
Trim – 407 = Red Vinyl
Paint – Mille Miglia Red
- Blue Certification Label – Original 3 – 71
- Engine Pad – V02 I 5CGZ – V = Flint Engine Plant
2 = February
15 = Day
CGZ = LT-I Engine
- Block Casting Date – A 11 = January 1 1, 1971
- Intake Manifold – Original
- Heads – Appears to be original, but could not see dates.
- Harmonic Balancer – Original
- Oil Pan – Appears to may have been replaced at one time.
- Distributor – 111 2038/Date – RepI. cap, distributor appears to be original. Can ‘ t see date.
- Coil – Should be a 272 (GM rep!.)
Metering Blocks – 6333/4519
Date – Original restored/rebuilt 085 = 1970, August, 5th week.
- Calipers -All (4) have been repl. with stainless steel and are painted silver.
- Spare Tire Tub – Good condition but has black paint on it.
- Trail Arms – Rusty but was told they were rebuilt.
- Everything works except the emergency brake does not hold.
- The car drives and performs extremely well and is nice and tight. It runs great and seems to be reliable.
Documentation – See photo of all documentation.
Mileage – 83,513
Work performed by the Corvette Center:
- Replaced distributor gears in tach
- Replaced front differential mount
- Replaced front brake pads
- Replaced two new vacuum valves
Although, the exterior paint and chrome, interior, engine compartment, and chassis are not cosmetically perfect, this a rare car as it has NEVER had any prior body damage with the exception of a small crack by the passenger rear bumper that I made mention in the exterior section.
- Door Handles/Locking Knobs – Driver side is original and so is pass, but pass handle will be replaced with an aftermarket as it is missing the black knob.
- Kick Panels – Nice originals.
- Frame – Frame is solid with some undercoating.
- Stencil – Wore and is not present.
- Shocks – A (4) have been repI.
- Exhaust System – Replacement system. Tips are repl.
- Transmission – Original M-21 close ratio
- Rear End – Original with 4.11 gears, but could not see date.
- Rear Spring – Rep laced with an aftermarket. Car sits just a little too high in the rear.
- Upper /Lower Control Arms /Cross Shafts/ Bushings – All origin al, but worn and cracked.
- Ball joints – Upper/Lower – All are original from day one.
- Starter/Solenoid – An original 11 00338/0G3 = July 3, 1970
- Gas Tank/Cap/Sending Unit – Original, but painted a light gray. Sending unit is the original.
- Tie Rods – Original
- Steering Linkage – Original
- Idler Ann – Original
- Front Springs – Original with traces of black spray paint.
- Under Body Fiberglass – Nice
- Steering Box/Sha ft – Original
- Front Spindles – Original with traces of black spray paint.
- Driveshaft/U-joints – Shaft is original, but u-joints have been replaced.
- Half shafts/U- joints – Shafts original and rusty. Three u-joints are replacements with the exception of the one on the far left.
- Sway Bar – Origin al, rubber bushings are cracked.
- Rear License Bezel – Original with pitting in finish.
- Rear Tail Lamps – Original
- Exterior Mirror – Original
- Tires – Replacement radials
- Door Handles – Original in good condition.
- Weather Stripping – Original with minor cracking.
- Rocker Moldings – Original in acceptable condition.
- Antenna – Original
- Dash – Original
- Seat Covers – Original, but they need to be cleaned.
- Seat Backs – Original, but red paint is missing or chipped in some spots.
- Seat Belts – Original to car.
- Carpet – Original, but needs to be cleaned.
- Head Liner – Did not see soft top, but it is in poor condition.
- Jack – Replacement
- Shifter/Knob & Console – Original and in good condition.
- Mirror – Original
- Door Panels – Original to car, both have some minor cracks.
- Sun Visors – Original
- Steering Wheel – Original and in very good condition.
- Gauges – Original and nice and crisp.
- Radio/Knobs- Radio and knobs are rep l., but the original comes with the car.
- Pedals – They show slight wear, but appear to be original to the car.
- Door Sill Plates – Appear to be original with come minor marks .
- Rear Storage Compartments – In very good condition and also includes the original shim bag and seat shims.
- Exterior Paint – Original factory lacquer paint in very good condition. There is
- minor checking of the original paint on the rear conv. deck lid.
- Body panel fit – Very good
- Hood – Very good
- Convertible Top – Poor condition
- Left front fender – Nice fit
- Right front fender – Nice fit
- Front nose – Original
- Driver door – Original to car.
- Passenger door/handles – Appear to be the originals.
- Left rear quarter – Nice fit, but has some road rash behind the door in front of the wheel we ll.
- Right rear quarter – Same as above.
- Top of rear clip- Original with paint in good condition except for gas lid door has some paint missing.
- Door Jams – Door jams are original and pass jam has factory tape that was painted over.
- Windshield/Date – Original.
- Windshield Molding – Original with minor aging marks.
- Driver door glass – Original.
- Passenger Door Glass – Original.
- Rear Window Glass – Poor condition as is the conv top.
- Wiper Blades – Repl.
- Front Flag Emblem – Original
- Rear Flag Emblem – Original
- Side Emblems – Original
- Gas Cap – Has a dealer installed locking cap.
- Head Lights – All (4) have been repl.
- Front Grill – Original with minor paint chips, but acceptable condition.
- Front License Bracket – Looks to be the original.
- Front//Rear Bumper – Original not restored. Some aging.
- Valve Covers – Aluminum – Original
- Ignition Shielding – Original and complete
- Smog Pump/Diverter Valve = Not on car, but has original and comes with car.
- Alternator – Should be a 1100950 42 Amp /Date – but is repl.
- Exhaust Manifolds – L – 3872765/R – 3932461
- Water Pump – Replaced, but the original comes with the car.
- Fan/Fan Clutch/Pulleys – Original
- Radiator/Cap/Support/Hoses & Clamps – Top support has been repl. Cap is original and hoses have been repl.
- Expansion Tank – N/ A
- Fan Belts – Replacement
- Compartment Black Out – Original, never touched.
- Air Cleaner – Element repl., but the base and the lid are original. Label is worn.
- Oil Cap – Correct
- Master Cylinder /Cap – Both have been rep l., but the original comes with the car.
- Hood Hinges /Latches – Original
- Horn – Original
- Ignition Wires – Original dated – IQ= is first quarter 1 971
- Oil Dip Stick – Original
- Wiper Motor – Original
- Heater Hoses /Clamps – Appear to be original.
- Relay Valves – Not on car, but comes the car.
- Wiper Actuator – Original
- Head Light Actuators – Original